Summer is a favorable period for many people when a person can relish the sun and sunbathe. The dominant antagonist of the skin is the scorching sun, yet a means to guard the skin against ultraviolet light may be not only useless but even detrimental. It comes to the sunscreen allergy.
The paramount purpose of paste is the absorption of ultraviolet light, which gives the skin preservation against harmful rays. Nonetheless, oftentimes the composition of these agents encompasses oxybenzone and avobenzone, which are tend to be allergens. Researchers have explored that the allergen can be the decay products of segments after the exposure to sunlight.
The grounds of the allergy originate at the place of applying a sunscreen and they can be of various classes:
- Contact photoallergy is revealed as a rash on the body and a relentless swelling of the skin. Note that photoallergy is manifested only when the cream is exposed to solar rays;
- Atopic dermatitis is indicated by the presence of erosions and blisters, that are replete with fluid. Moreover, the redness of the afflicted zone is marked;
- Contact dermatitis implicates the occurrence of rashes and keen itching. It manifests due to the subsistence of individual intolerance.
The diagnosis of this sort of the allergy entails the skin testing, which is carried out only by accomplished physicians. The allergen is applied to the skin and then the presence or absence of a backlash is distinguished.
Ergo, the remedy is usually local, it conveys the consecutive steps:
- Use lotions and compresses which pacify the skin;
- The usage of anti-inflammatory agents is indispensable;
- Take antihistamines.
All in all, the evasion of the allergy necessitates sequential actions:
- Always monitor the response of the skin to a distinct sunscreen, apply a small amount of cream on the elbow, and if after one hour you observe the lack of the rash and irritation, then this cream is foolproof;
- Notice that the optimum time for tanning is before 11 am and after 4 pm;
- Summon into mind that most of these lotions function after the total absorption;
- If the burning ambition of the person is to have an alluring, tanned skin, then the safest alternative is to use tanning lotions. These tools do not supply a lasting effect, however, they are ultimately secure for the body.
In respect that an individual must have a rational attitude towards the choice of the sunscreen, some beneficial tips are submitted:
- Opt for goods with a high SPF filter. The higher the number, indicated on the tube, the more you can stay in the sun. Furthermore, if the moisturizer has the designation SPF 20, staying in the sun can be 20 times longer than the normal period of time – 15 or 20 minutes. Truly, if the ointment has the marking SPF 50, it signifies that staying in the sun enhances to 50 times. Then again, the cream with a high SPF filter is not a panacea, handle them with caution as they may incorporate excessive amounts of chemical additives, which are also capable of becoming allergens;
- The texture of a lotion should be pleasing and supple. This material is readily allocated throughout the body, it does not give an oily film and does not vanish after the contiguity with water;
- Whenever it is feasible, refuse shielding creams, as they can get into the body through blood and can promote allergies;
- Use only high-quality goods, the overdue product is not inapt for the use.
Thus, the allergy comes up in sparse situations, and if the signs of the allergy do not emerge within two days after the usage, it becomes arduous to ascertain the root of the issue. Anyway, a dermatologist or an allergist can promote to pick out efficient agents without adverse chemicals.